IOSN FLOSS primers (fwd)

Drafts of some primers are available for public comment. For those who like alphabet soup, the International Open Source Network (IOSN) is an Asia Pacific Development Information Programme (APDIP) initiative of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).

These publications could be useful as introductions for new developers. Sadly, they are licensed under a mix of CC-BY versions (sometimes including the supertrademark clause) and "do not distribute" terms!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 2004-10-15 14:49:55 +0100
From: "Frederick Noronha (FN)" <fred@bytesforall.org>
Subject: IOSN FLOSS primers
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

Please visit http://www.iosn.net

The IOSN is producing a series of primers on Free/Libre and Open Source Software (FLOSS). The primers serve as introductory documents to FOSS in general, as well as covering particular topic areas in greater detail. Their purpose is to raise FOSS awareness, particularly among policy-makers, practitioners and educators.
[...]

 Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Speaking at ESF on Sat 16 Oct - http://www.affs.org.uk/