Re: MySQL FOSS Exception

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:30:24 +0200, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 12:20:22PM +0000, Andreas Metzler wrote:
>> Francesco Paolo Lovergine <frankie <at> debian.org> writes:
[...]
>> http://zak.greant.com:8888/licensing/rlog?f=licensing/FLOSS-exception.txt
>>              cu andreas
>>

> Uhm, if they would add OpenSSL license explicitly it would be nice.
> In its current draft I see almost the same problems, but for
> a better definition of 'Opensource Initiative Compatible'.
> Anyway, I think that using external references to validate
> a license is quite weird. They should simply list principia
> and possibly add a few additional well-known licenses.

Please do bring up your points on the Mysql-community list; preferably
*before* they do the next release, so that we're not waiting for yet
another iteration of
license-update/management-approval/lawyer-approval/debian-approval/mysql-release.

You can subscribe here:
http://lists.mysql.com/community