Re: handling Mozilla with kid gloves [was: GUADEC report]

* Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> [2004-07-12 02:46]:
> IMO it would have helped if a Debian license arbitration body had been
> formally delegated by the DPL, but as we all know, that didn't happen.

It's interesting that you say that, Mr Robinson.  Last time I
suggested that -legal should engage in more active arbitration with
upstream (for which I'd happily have a delegate) you told me that this
is not the task of -legal.  Also, I encouraged summarizing and
documenting the findings of -legal about licenses and agreed that we
can appoint a delegate if that's useful and once it's clear who would
be a good candidate for that.
--
Martin Michlmayr
leader@debian.org