Re: Desert Island Test [Re: DRAFT: debian-legal summary of the QPL]

<On Tuesday 13 July 2004 01:06 am, Jacobo Tarrio wrote:
<> O Martes, 13 de Xullo de 2004 ás 00:56:39 -0700, Sean Kellogg <escribía:
<> > back to B due to lack of communication facilities.  The duty in
<question
<> > will be discharged by the court under section 261 provided section
<263 is
<>
<>  95% of the world population does not live in the US.
<
<With great respect to the 95% of the world population that does not <live
<
<within the US...  the great majority of the world does operate under
<laws
<derived from the common law system, which is embodied within the
<restatement
<of law (there is one for each area of law).  Even in the civil law
<societies
<(most of continental Europe and Japan) the law has been adopted from <the

Usa is expanding his hegemonic power even in legal system transplant through institution as wipo-tripp's, wb,... especially in IP aspects; that's true.
But -i'm european law student- a legal system is more complicated than this. I find such diversity overall in procedure, and this diversity sometimes would be able to bring to different solutions in differnts countries. Chinees are about 1/2 of world beeings, and apart of the lasts overture to free market, i don't really know how USAed is their legal system.
I think we have to consider this, otherwise i see the danger of just-usa-DFSG-free.

Tom

Aconsegueix el_teu_email@teatre.com gratuÏtament a http://teatre.com
 :-))-: