Re: Choice of venue, was: GUADEC report

On 2004-07-12 17:29:17 +0100 Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

MJ Ray wrote:
http://perens.com/Articles/Termination.html
Surely GPL 7 causes the same problem (admittedly under a different set
of circumstances)?

Is that arbitrary?

It's also a practical difficulty, as we hope to be able to archive debian releases in their released state: http://archive.debian.org/debian-archive/
Which is also a problem if a patent becomes actively enforced having
been previously docile.

So, is this practical difficulty already solved? Where has it been discussed before? I'm failing to find it in lists searches, given what hot topics patents have been.

"Matthew Garrett is quite the good sort of fellow, despite what
my liver is sure to say about him in [...] 40 years" -- branden