Re: Visualboy Advance question.

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 01:46:08AM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > Does Debian main contain any MP3s? If not, would you like to see MP3
> > players removed from Debian main?
>
> Debian main does contain MP3 recorders.  I think that is quite sufficient to
> render MP3 players useful with no non-free software; you can make your own
> MP3s.

If so, please name them; they must be removed.

http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/unable-to-package

"Software that can't be packaged
   8hz-mp3, bladeenc, etc -- patent problems with Fraunhofer Institute.
   (yes, this includes LAME, see archived discussion)"
(link: http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2000/06/msg01213.html)

All MP3 encoders are non-free.

--
Glenn Maynard