Re: DRAFT: debian-legal summary of the QPL

Nathaneal Nerode wrote:

>If the user is really doing stuff privately -- just for himself! -- and
>happens to talk about it, he certainly shouldn't be forced to distribute it
>before he's ready!  This is no issue at all.

Am I reading a different license here? The copy of the QPL at
http://www.trolltech.com/licenses/qpl.html says:

 6. You may develop application programs, reusable components and other
software items that link with the original or modified versions of the
Software. These items, when distributed, are subject to the following
requirements:

 c. If the items are not available to the general public, and the
initial developer of the Software requests a copy of the items, then you
must supply one.

So if the developer is just doing it for himself, then the clause
doesn't apply.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org