Re: DRAFT: debian-legal summary of the QPL

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 12:07:03AM -0400, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 11:44:57PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > > Likewise, if the change author is on a desert island, I don't see how
> > > the change author can receive any requests.
> > Via a message dropped from a passing airplane.  Duh!
>
> Three people have already replied to this message, giving the "global
> request" case.  Once again, you're spamming the list, sending dozens
> of messages without actually reading threads so you don't waste everyone's
> time with repetition.  This is a very bad habit; please break it.

Well, let's be even-handed.  If Raul Miller can raise objections to the
Desert Island test that we've heard and replied to time and again, we can
repeat the cycle with him.

Why should Raul Miller be held to a lower standard of having to do his
homework than the people who reply to him?  He's been a Debian Developer
for longer than most of the regulars on this list, and is a member of the
Technical Committee.

One would reasonably expect him to have a formidable command of the issues.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      We either learn from history or,
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      uh, well, something bad will