Re: DRAFT: debian-legal summary of the QPL

Mahesh T. Pai wrote:
> Josh Triplett said on Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 02:59:18PM -0700,:
>> * The license contains a "choice of venue" clause, which states that
>> "Disputes shall be settled by Amsterdam City Court.".
>                                ^^^^^^^^^
> <quote>
>
> Choice of Law
>
>    This license is governed by the Laws of Norway. Disputes shall be
>    settled by Oslo City Court.
>
> </quote>

As I mentioned in my reply to MJ Ray, I was looking at the copy pointed
to in the review request for libcwd, and it contained no indications
that it had been modified from the original.  I will correct this in a
second draft.

> At the top, this says:-
>
> <quote>
>  The Q Public License
>
>    version 1.0
>
>    Copyright (C) 1999-2000 Troll Tech AS, Norway.
>    Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute this license
>    document.
> </quote>

The copy I looked at contained this exact statement.

> Hope we are discussing the same document.

No, we weren't.  Thanks for pointing this out.

- Josh Triplett