Re: DRAFT: debian-legal summary of the QPL

Josh Triplett said on Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 02:59:18PM -0700,:

 > * Clause 6c requires modified versions that are not distributed to

I'm using lynx to read /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/common/qpl-license.html

There is 6.3. No 6c. Probably a problem with the html.
Oh. No. The html source says:-
``<OL STYLE="list-style-type: lower-alpha;">'' So, the problem is
with lynx.

 > * The license contains a "choice of venue" clause, which states that
 > "Disputes shall be settled by Amsterdam City Court.".
                                 ^^^^^^^^^
<quote>

Choice of Law

   This license is governed by the Laws of Norway. Disputes shall be
   settled by Oslo City Court.

</quote>

At the top, this says:-

<quote>
 The Q Public License

   version 1.0

   Copyright (C) 1999-2000 Troll Tech AS, Norway.
   Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute this license
   document.
</quote>

I'm not familiar with Norway, but are Amsterdam and Oslo same?

Hope we are discussing the same document.

--
         Mahesh T. Pai    <<>>   http://paivakil.port5.com
Distributing free copies of non-free software is like advertising drugs.