Re: Summary Update: MPL inconclusive, clarifications needed

On 2004-07-07 12:42:22 +0100 Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 12:32:27AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
>> I just got a cc of questions sent by a Mozilla rep to the relevant
>> person.
>> More news later, hopefully.
[...]
> Has there been any progress on this?

Not much. I provided some supplementary information and got a first
reply on 30 June. Here is the current situation. Please let me know if
I have accidentally dropped something:

The LEGAL update notice should be not a problem for software licensed
by the Mozilla Foundation under the MPL. The usual public
announcements of changes to debian packages are sufficient.

The Mozilla Foundation regards their CVS repository as fulfilling the
requirement to offer source.

The venue clause looks like it inescapably commits any licensee to be
judged in that US venue. I'm still not sure about this. I asked
another question about it on 1 July, with no reply yet. The aim is to
provide "consistency", although I'm not sure what that means.

There are currently no plans to produce a new version of the MPL.

(For information: I am corresponding with Gervase Markham and Mitchell
Baker.)

"To be English is not to be baneful / To be standing by
the flag not feeling shameful / Racist or partial..."
                                             (Morrissey)
RFC3156 defines security multipart formats for MIME with OpenPGP.