Re: scummvm dependent games: non-free?

On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 07:40:44AM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> This is basically a trick of wording.  If the license lets you ship it with
> the one-character shell script containing the letter 'w' and charge for
> that, then that's good enough.

I continue to assert that this exception is moronic.

It makes a mockery of our defense of software freedom.

I have not yet heard of an application of this loophole that wasn't
motivated my malevolent intent ("We want to fuck over competitor Q who
otherwise would be able to easily distribute our software.").

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Suffer before God and ye shall be
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     redeemed.  God loves us, so He