Re: Apple's APSL 2.0 " Debian Free Software Guidelines"-compliant?

On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 08:07:22AM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > Any law or
> > regulation which provides that the language of a contract shall be
> > construed against the drafter will not apply to this License.
> What the heck does this do?  I don't like the look of it.

It's malevolent as hell, to say nothing of arrogant.

It basically says "any protections which You (You being 'not the drafter')
may have under any laws or regulations regarding the language of contracts
are hereby null and void".

I get the feeling judges and legislators won't take kindly to being told
that their laws which apply to contracts don't apply to Apple's contracts.

Those whom haven't already been bought by Apple, anyway.

(Assuming this is a contract, which isn't apropos for a copyright license
anyway.)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |        Fair use is irrelevant and
Debian GNU/Linux                   |        improper.