Re: Apple's APSL 2.0 " Debian Free Software Guidelines"-compliant?

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 10:17:01PM +0200, Francesco Poli wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 14:09:25 -0700 Josh Triplett wrote:
>
> > See also section 12e of the DFSG FAQ at
> > http://people.debian.org/~bap/dfsg-faq.html
>
> Ah, I forgot that answer in the DFSG-FAQ...
> So my interpretation of DFSG#5 was too extremist: I apologize for the
> confusion.

And as you noted, we can't stop, for example, GPL license users from
extending the MIT/X11 license to people through negotations we're not privy
to.

We should set a better example than those who overreach with their licenses
and attempt to prohibit actions with no foundation for prohibition in
copyright law.

We should not attempt to enforce that which we *can't* enforce.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Notions like Marxism and
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     Freudianism belong to the history