Re: Licening ibwebadmin and JSRS

> Each way you interpret it, it seems to miss something. Really, I agree
> with Andrew Suffield again (warning: End of World ahead). This is
> clumsy wording and I would be unhappy if it got into debian. I wish
> you luck persuading the author, but I think gutting/replacing the JSRS
> may be the cleanest.

Thank you all for your feedback.

Great news, The author of JSRS agreed to a license change. I want to get it
right now the first try, so I thought I better check here first.

How about this version where I removed the offending line?

<BEGIN JSRS LICENSE>
No Nonsense Copyright and License for JSRS JavaScript Remote Scripting

Copyright:

This JSRS stuff was written by me.  I find it useful.  Others find it useful.
You are welcome to use it, modify it to suit your needs, distribute it as you
see fit.  I'm happy if you use it for personal stuff or for commercial gain.

The only thing you can't do is to restrict anyone else from using it however
they see fit.  You may not change the rules I have set on how it can be used.

JSRS Javascript Remote Scripting Copyright (C) 2001 by Brent Ashley

License:

You can use this however you like.  I make no guarantees whatsoever that it
will suit your purpose.  You take full responsibility for getting it working
properly and for any implications of its failure or inability to satisfy your
every need.

email inquiries: jsrs@megahuge.com
<END JSRS LICENSE>

Here is the e-mail from the author.