Re: The draft Position statement on the GFDL

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 07:12:00PM -0400, Brian Thomas Sniffen wrote:
> Quote me that part.  Hint: it isn't here:

Oh?  What about this text that you just quoted?

               vvvv
>   1. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the Program's
> source code as you receive it, in any medium, provided that you
> conspicuously and appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate
> copyright notice and disclaimer of warranty; keep intact all the
> notices that refer to this License and to the absence of any warranty;
> and give any other recipients of the Program a copy of this License
> along with the Program.

Are you claiming that Section 1 does not give you the right to make
copies?

Are you claiming that when it gives you this right, it gives you this
right without a requirement "that you conspicuously and appropriately
publish on each copy an appropriate copright notice"?

If the answer to both of these questions is no, please explain what you
are saying in more detail.

Note: it's probably worth noting that the definition of "and" being
used is most likely "Together with or along with; in addition to; as
well as. Used to connect words, phrases, or clauses that have the same
grammatical function in a construction."

--
Raul