Re: reiser4 non-free? (I throw in the towel)

Jeff Davis wrote:

As far as Debian is concerned, I don't think you give them quite enough
credit. Those people just want a base of freedoms which a normal person
can understand that covers all the software. It's very helpful to have
an OS where you don't have to turn a development project into a legal
investigation, tracking down hundreds of licenses.
There is truth to this, let me acknowledge it.

Now, that "base of
freedoms" may not be agreeable to everyone, but we can't ignore the
value of consistant licensing in an OS. And many of the problems with
DFSG are mitigated by having a well-integrated non-free section
(unfortunately that doesn't solve the problems for reiserfs, which needs
to be in the OS install).

Regards,
	Jeff