Michael Poole <mdpoole@troilus.org> writes:

> To adapt an analogy that someone used earlier, when you go to a store,
> you might find fonts, images, or other data in a box in the software
> section.  However, you are not likely to find a specification for
> TCP/IP in the software section, and you are not likely to find a print
> of Starry Night in the software section either.

On the contrary, in the software section of my local computer store
(Microcenter, Memorial Drive, Cambridge, MA) there is a boxed copy of
Red Hat Linux 9.  It contains a gzip-compressed ascii encoded text
copy of the TCP/IP specifications.  Across the aisle is a discount bin
containing old Macintosh software, including the screen saver After
Dark, which contains a digitized print of Starry Night.