Re: Re: License requirements for DSP binaries?

On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 20:48, Glenn Maynard wrote:

> This came up recently.  The GPL does not say "preferred form for
> modification out of those forms that still exist" or "of those forms
> that are available".  It says "preferred form for modification".

It is difficult for me, at least, to imagine someone preferring to edit
a non-existent form of a work over existent one.

In other words, "of those that [still] exist" is implied by "preferred."
I also find it questionable if a non-existent form can properly be
called a form at all.