Re: Binaries under GPL(2)

Scripsit Don Armstrong <don@donarmstrong.com>

> If you are distributing an executable or object code, that
> distribution is subject to Section 3. No other section of the GPL
> gives you rights to distribute executable or object code.

Remember that we're talking about the non-standard situation where the
object code *itself* is "the Program" to which the copyright holder
applied the GPL. Then I as a recipient has a choice of distributing
it under section 2 or section 3, because in that case either section
offera me a permission to distribute.

--
Henning Makholm      "Guldnålen er hvis man har en *bror* som er *datalog*."