Re: Preparation of Debian GNU/Linux 3.0r2 (II)

At Fri, 21 Nov 2003 08:35:10 +0000,
Andrew Suffield wrote:
> [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 09:52:01AM +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:

> > > Exactly.  We just has to make sure HITACHI's claim was not the primary
> > > reason to do so.  HITACHI is just a noise.
> >
> > So you just ignore original font author's claim.  Is it good attitude?
>
> If their claim was bogus? Yup, it is. Paying attention to bogus claims
> isn't just silly, it sets a very bad precendent.

Yeah, if we recognize it's just bogus, then we don't discuss seriously
and don't consume our precious time.

Original author (Hitachi, who were infringed), and kochi upstream
author (who infringed without knowing) already discussed and their
conclusion was that it was not just bogus.  Kochi upstream author,
Yasuyuki Furukawa, wrote details [1] at his web site (in Japanese).

[1] http://www.on.cs.keio.ac.jp/~yasu/jp_fonts.html

Regards,
-- gotom