Re: Proposed Apache license & patent/reciprocity issues

On 2003-11-14 14:57:58 +0000 Glenn Maynard <g_deb@zewt.org> wrote:
What prevents me, after violating the license, from obtaining a new copy of the software and using (copying, modifying, distributing) that instead?

As long as you've stopped the attempt, have not distributed any infringing copies and can still obtain a copy, possibly very little, I would think. I don't know of a case where that's happened, though, and you're probably safer asking licensing@gnu than me. (The MySQL case involved distributed infringing copies IIRC.)

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at