Re: DFSG-freeness of Apache Software Licenses

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 05:39:18PM -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:
> A clause that enables the license to a piece of IP in a piece of Free
> Software to be revokable is a useage restriction, and as such, not
> DSFG Free.[1] [It fails DFSG #5 and #6.]

Assuming you mean "revokable under some condition" (not just "revokable
at whim", which is obviously non-free), wouldn't this include GPL #4?

I'm not suggesting that the GPL is non-free, or that the proposed
clause in question is free; just that this statement seems overly
broad.

--
Glenn Maynard