"Invariant name" in hello's debian/rules file

Hi!

Trying to distress a bit the recent *cough* discussion in -private, I think
it's a good moment for rising my point in -legal (where it should be). I
recently found this in the debian/rules file for GNU Hello (which, it is well
known, has been copied to death into hundreds of other debian packages).

  # Sample debian/rules file - for GNU Hello.
  # Copyright 1994,1995 by Ian Jackson.
  # I hereby give you perpetual unlimited permission to copy,
  # modify and relicense this file, provided that you do not remove
  # my name from the file itself.  (I assert my moral right of
  # paternity under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.)
  # This file may have to be extensively modified

The license states that you can't remove the name from the file itself. I'm
sure this is not what Ian intended, but one could add this line all over the
file:

  # Ian Jackson

and then it can't be removed. It all gets very confusing if we apply the same
reasoning as for GFDL's Invariant sections. What do you people think?

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)