Re: Proposal for clarification of DFSG.1

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 05:17:06PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
> In short, we accept "you may not sell this program alone" clauses, but
> only if they have loopholes big enough to make them completely
> ineffective in practice.

By the way, I think this phrasing in the DFSG is no accident.  It's
designed to let the Artistic License pass.  The AL says "You may not
charge a fee for this Package itself" and then goes on to give
permission for including it in a larger distribution.

Richard Braakman