license check for tqsllib

Hi,

I want to package tqsllib and trustedqsl, which are a ham radio
application. However the DFSGness is not clear to me so I welcome your
comments. It appears to me to be similar to the BSD including the
advertising clause. How do we deal with that scenario these days?

Please CC me on replies if you can; M-F-T should indicate that too.

Thanks,
Hamish

License Terms and Conditions

Copyright (C) 2001-2003 American Radio Relay League, Inc. All rights
reserved.

modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are
met:

1. Any redistribution of source code must retain the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the disclaimer shown in Paragraph 7
(below).

2. Redistribution in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the disclaimer shown in Paragraph 7
(below) in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
distribution.

3. Products derived from or including this software must include the
following acknowledgment: "This product includes software developed by
the American Radio Relay League, Incorporated for use in the Logbook of
the World project."

4. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
must display the following acknowledgment: "This product includes
software developed by the American Radio Relay League, Incorporated for
use in the ARRL Logbook of the World project."

5. Products derived from or including this software may not use "Logbook
of the World" or "LoTW" or any other American Radio Relay League,
Incorporated trademarks or servicemarks in their names without prior
written permission of the ARRL. See Paragraph 8 (below) for contact
information.

6. Use of this software does not imply endorsement by ARRL of products
derived from or including this software and vendors may not claim such
endorsement.

7. Disclaimer: This software is provided "as-is" without representation,
guarantee or warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including
but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability or of
fitness for a particular purpose. The entire risk as to the quality and
performance of the software is solely with you. Should the software
prove defective, you (and not the American Radio Relay League, its
officers, directors, employees or agents) assume the entire cost of all
necessary servicing, repair or correction. In no event will ARRL be
liable to you or to any third party for any damages, whether direct or
indirect, including lost profits, lost savings, or other incidental or
consequential damages arising out of the use or inability to use such
software, regardless of whether ARRL has been advised of the possibility
of such damages.

8. Contact information:

American Radio Relay League, Inc.
Attn: Logbook of the World Manager
225 Main St
Newington, CT 06111
voice: 860-594-0200
fax: 860-594-0259
email: logbook@arrl.org
Worldwide Web: www.arrl.org/lotw

This software consists of voluntary contributions made by many
individuals on behalf of the ARRL. More information on the "Logbook of
The World" project and the ARRL is available from the ARRL Web site at
www.arrl.org/lotw.