Re: License review for lsblibchk

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 10:44:38AM -0700, Matt Taggart wrote:
> +++++++++++++LIBCHK END USER LICENCE+++++++++++
>
> BY RETRIEVING THIS DISTRIBUTION OF LIBCHK, YOU ARE CONSENTING
> TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE
> TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL THE PRODUCT, AND DESTROY YOUR
> COPY.

A false statement followed by a command.  That's not exactly what I
expect from a license, which is supposed to PERMIT things.  Regardless
of its enforceability, I don't think we should package this software
if its authors firmly believe that a user who types "apt-get install
libchk" thereby agrees to an agreement he hasn't seen yet.  They're
trying to restrict use as well as distribution.

Richard Braakman