Software definition, was: A possible GFDL compromise

On 2003-09-15 07:40:04 +0100 Mathieu Roy <yeupou@gnu.org> wrote:
        - But it may also means that the only content that can be on a
          Debian CD must be software under the definition that I
          copied from two dictionnaries in the mail I just sent. [...]

For one, I cannot understand where you get this requirement.

Curiously, dicofr.com claims that "logiciel" was defined in 1967 by Philippe Renard as a direct replacement for the English meaning, as the intangible part of the computer, but then goes on to say it is now a synonym for program. My nearby copy of Larousse and francophonie.hachette-livre.fr only have the program meaning. Maybe French has become corrupted, similar to some English dictionaries? Someone with more resources

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at