Re: Is the Nokia Open Source License DFSG compliant?

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 12:55:52AM +1200, Adam Warner wrote:
> I see a problem. Nokia has explicitly excluded royalty-free patent
> grants for many forms of derived works (refer 2.1(d)):
[...]
> Notwithstanding means in spite of. So in spite of what you just read in
> 2.1(b), if you separate code from the Original Software, modify the
> Original Software or combine the Original Software with other software
> you no longer have a patent licence.

Then we have a violation of DFSG 7.

# Distribution of License

  The rights attached to the program must apply to all to whom the program
  is redistributed without the need for execution of an additional license
  by those parties.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Men use thought only to justify
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    their wrong doings, and speech only