Re: documentation eq software ?

On 2003-08-30 16:08:03 +0100 Mathieu Roy <yeupou@gnu.org> wrote:
It's up to the author of the documentation to decide what he thinks
important to be in the documentation he's writing.

If you think that, how about: it was up to the authors of the DFSG to decide what it applies to.

[...]
But a political stand about computers within a documentation
describing the software does not seems a problem to me: it documents
the software!

It's not a problem to Debian either, but you must make it free software.

It's the purpose of the documentation. While at the
contrary, including the manifesto within emacs, for instance, does not
require a protection (it's not a part of the software and can be
safely removed, if present).

I don't understand this section. We cannot remove the GNU Manifesto from the Emacs manual, can we? (I'd rather we didn't, anyway, but it looks like we must.)

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://slef@jabber.at