Re: Can I modify the DFSG (and not derive from)?

On 2003-08-29 21:01:40 +0100 Mathieu Roy <yeupou@gnu.org> wrote:
May I for instance take a copy of Debian and redistribute it by _only_ changing the DFSG text, adding a line saying that the GFDL qualified
documentation as free documentation?

Probably (modulo any trademark guff), but if you attempt to pass off your bastard version as ours, or our work as yours, then we will come after you for sure for defamation, misrepresentation, whatever. Also, don't expect us to follow you or wish you well if you do that.