Can I modify the DFSG (and not derive from)?

Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> a tapoté :

> On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 04:53:09PM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
>
> > > Yes, and our goal is to always respect authors:  by not distributing
> > > works that they don't wish to make available under the terms of the
> > > DFSG.
>
> > Including the GPL and the DFSG?
> > Because the DFSG is not DFSG compliant.
>
> "Other organizations may derive from and build on this document. Please
> give credit to the Debian project if you do."
> http://www.debian.org/social_contract
>
> Go away, troll.

The DFSG is free enough to be useful -- you still cannot just simply
modify it and redistribute it under the same name, do you? Or is that
exactly what mean "build on"? Am I able to publish a DFSG named DFSG
(if it's just because Debian may be (is?) a trademark, it's not
related to the license)?

May I for instance take a copy of Debian and redistribute it by _only_
changing the DFSG text, adding a line saying that the GFDL qualified
documentation as free documentation?

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage: