Re: Proposed addition to Debian web pages re: GNU FDL

On 2003-08-29 15:09:53 +0100 Walter Landry <wlandry@ucsd.edu> wrote:
The discussion _has_ been finished for quite a while.  All we are
seeing now is people who haven't bothered to read the last few years
of debian-legal.

Apologies for my part in that. I think it does take some effort to see past the jargon differences between FSF and Debian, though. I do still think the FAQ at http://home.twcny.rr.com/nerode/neroden/fdl.html should differentiate more explicitly between "free documentation" and "free software" to help others understand before they climb that learning curve.