Re: A possible GFDL compromise

Op do 28-08-2003, om 21:14 schreef Walter Landry:
> Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:
> >     As for GPL 3, do you intend to use clauses similar to invariant sections
> >     or to the technical measures stuff in GFDL section 2? This is a matter
> >     of concern on this list.
> >
> > That surprises me, since I believe I sent a message to this list
> > answering that precise question, two or three months ago.
> >
> > I cannot find that message easily--the only way I can search my large
> > volume of mail is with grep.  If a substantial number of people are
> > concerned, can one of them look up my previous message and repost it?
>
> Do you mean this?
>
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/debian-legal-200306/msg00173.html

For the sake of those who read their mail offline (of whom Richard is
known to be one):

``[...] For GPL version 3 we are
considering requirements for preserving certain limited author
information in the source code, and making explicit that other
GPL-compatible licenses that are present on parts of the code cannot
be removed from the source, but nothing beyond that.''

--
Wouter Verhelst
"Stop breathing down my neck." "My breathing is merely a simulation."