Re: [RESULTS] SURVEY: Is the GNU FDL a DFSG-free license?

MJ Ray <markj@cloaked.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> On 2003-08-29 05:40:37 +0100 Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
> wrote:
> > Here are the results of the survey.
> >
> >                                              possible     non-
> >                                  developers developers developers
> > option 1 ("no")                     18          3         22
> > option 2 ("yes")                     1          0          1
> > option 3 ("sometimes")               8          4          4
> > option 4 ("none of the above")       1          0          1
>
> Here is the summary of your friendly local statistical analysis:
>
> I conclude that there is a probability of less than 1 in 1000 that the
> above total vote for option 1 would have been obtained by pure chance
> if there was no majority for option 1 over all others.

This is only meaningful if the sample is unbiased.  Since the survey
was announced on debian-legal and voting was voluntary, that skews the
result towards the opinions of debian-legal regulars.  But I don't
think that the bias is so bad that it makes the survey useless.  It
certainly displays a consensus of debian-legal.

Regards,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu