Re: GNU FDL makes 'difference files' useless

David B Harris said:
> On 28 Aug 2003 03:22:47 +0100
> Scott James Remnant <scott@netsplit.com> wrote:
>> -(which makes passes at compilers) written
>> +(which makes passes at compilers) written
>
> I agree that this is an ambiguous case; one side would want to convince
> the judge that the user was the one making the modification. The other
> side would want to convince the judge that it was the copyright holder
> distributing the new file, using their distribution method of choice.

If a Debian maintainer applies the patch to their local CVS mirror, are they
creating a different invariant section?  Since the GFDL does not allow
distributers to modify or remove invariant sections, wouldn't we have to
distribute the old (with trailing whitespace) invariant section also?

--Joe