Re: Re: A possible GFDL compromise

On 2003-08-27 22:17:27 +0100 David Starner <dvdeug@email.ro> wrote:
Fedor Zuev <fedor@earth.crust.irk.ru> writes:
	For example, the computer software become copyrightable only
in the late 70-s - early 90-s, after 30+ years of free existense.
And if that were not true, it's unlikely we'd have the Internet Age as
we know it. If there were no copyright law on software, there would
be few general purpose computers available to consumers [...]

I think both of these are buggy. I think Fedor's message might not be true everywhere and David's deals with an alternative history. It is even possible that if any unrelated event happened, it's equally unlikely we'd have the Internet Age as we know it. It's hard to work out the likelihoods without using beliefs, as we only have one run of the experiment.

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://slef@jabber.at