Re: A possible GFDL compromise

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 02:11:07PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> 1. I'm a Free Software user.  I am using Emacs, a large Free system that
> requires documentation to learn by any means.  But that documentation is
> missing or obsolete because of GFDL.  I cannot make use of this Free
> package.

This is easily mutable into:

1. I'm a Free Software user. I am using Debian, a large Free system
that requires web access by any means. But that access is missing or
obsolete because netscape is non-free. [Fill in the rest yourself]

We rejected it then, and I fully expect we'll do the same now.

Furthermore, note this:

Netscape was replaced by free browsers. The same thing will happen to
the emacs manual.

[Besides, I've read the emacs manual, and it sucks. I have to look at
the bloody source code more often than the manual, to figure out what
something does or why. This is not the hallmark of a good manual].

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |