Re: A possible approach in "solving" the FDL problem

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 09:37:05PM +0200, Sergey V. Spiridonov wrote:
> >Are are implying that I am against the GPL?  If so, read what I said
> >over again.
>
> Are you implying that I am against the freedom? If so, read what I said
> over again.

You are arguing that because (in the case of the GPL) we are willing
to trade a "freedom" that we do not want for an advantage that we do,
then we should also (in the case of the GFDL) be willing to trade a
"freedom" that forms part of our core goals for an advantage that we
don't want.

This argument seems bogus to me.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |