Re: A possible approach in "solving" the FDL problem

On Wednesday, Aug 13, 2003, at 03:26 US/Eastern, Sergey V. Spiridonov wrote:

To find the exact value, one should find all possible aspects and sum up all pros and cons for the majority of people on the long terms. [...]

For Debian purpoces it is enough to determine the sign.

It's rather hard to determine the sign when you don't have any values to do arithmetic on!

Is "can't distribute modified binaries" a -10?; -1,000?; or -∞?

How exactly would this standard help us. It seems we'd just be arguing over the value of each clause as a proxy; i.e., it'd just add overhead to our determinations.