Re: A possible approach in "solving" the FDL problem

Andrew Suffield wrote:
On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 09:37:14PM +0200, Sergey V. Spiridonov wrote:

A good example is GPL, which takes away the freedom to use GPL sources in closed sources.

This is incorrect. It takes away the "freedom" to use GPLed works in
closed sources and then distribute the result.

I agree, your statement is more close to truth. But it still takes away some freedom, that is a point.

Note, there still can be special rare cases, where such a freedom is really needed.

I'm calling you on this one: I say there are not, other than selling
software. Back it up or drop it.

A good example will be the license of Guile or license of the run-time units of the GNU Ada compiler.
--
Best regarsds, Sergey Spiridonov