Re: A possible approach in 'solving' the FDL problem

On Monday, Aug 11, 2003, at 18:59 US/Eastern, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

I've always interpreted that clause as 'Debian will never contain any
non-free software.'

Please continue reading past the paragraph heading, and it will become clear around 'entirely free software.' that Branden's reading is correct.

I'm going to ignore this part, and attribute it to the reason you earned
your reputation.

Please understand that the readers of -legal have been subject to no less than half a year (or are we at a year now...?) of GFDL discussions, and we're pretty sick of hearing "the DFSG don't apply to documentation!" over and over again from people who apparently haven't read the list archives.