PROCLAMATION REGARDING SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 10:47:23PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 11:01:06PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > In fact, if the debian-legal group were to decide all by itself that
> > software and documentation are essentially the same thing, I'm afraid a
> > fork would be much more likely.
>
> Hmm, this has potential. We might be able to get rid of some of the
> lunatic fringe this way.

Cool.

As the debian-legal mailing list's pre-eminent asshole, I hereby decree:

  Barring amendment of the Debian Social Contract or Debian Free Software
  Guidelines, the Debian license vetting process shall regard software and
  documentation as essentially the same thing.

Witness my hand and seal this 11th day of August, 2003, 20:26:41 UTC.

There.  That ought to piss some people off --- but, of course, only the
ones who don't actually understand how Debian works.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     The power of accurate observation
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     is frequently called cynicism by