Re: a minimal copyleft

On Tuesday, Aug 5, 2003, at 17:17 US/Eastern, Andrew Suffield wrote:

This one probably doesn't count, any more than putting something in a
tarball - it's a transport encoding change, with no appreciable effect
on the content

EBCDIC is not a subset of ASCII, I'm pretty sure. Any translation is going to be lossy.

(unlike C/assembly, or docbook/word, which will
inevitably change the content in translation).

Do I have to distribute complete version history, for every time I ever saved changes to a .c file? Each save invariably changes the content.

/me sees the war against rehashing that thread being lost...