Re: mplayer licenses

On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 21:23, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > > Could you please explain how the presence of a LICENSE file in a CVS
> > > tree affects in any way the copyrights and licenses of code coming from
> > > so many various sources ?
> > Why would it affect anything? MPlayer uses only GPL, or GPL-compatible,
> > or GPL-relicensed code.
>
> Did you really misunderstand such a simple question or are you answering
> off-target on purpose ?

I don't know of any "further useless arguments" but in my 24 July reply
I noted that I could not find any licence statement in the original
mplayer distribution. I guess that once a licence text has been
committed to CVS it will actually be distributed with mplayer.

Note that I haven't looked though any further revisions of the Debian
packaging and I don't intend to (due to time constraints, not because of
Gabucino's charm).

Regards,
Adam