Re: Should our documentation be free? (Was Re: Inconsistencies in

Brian T. Sniffen said:

> That's not true.  The BSD license is granted to all third parties, so
> if I find a section of some proprietary code I know was written by UCB,
> I can just take that section.  The GFDL is a license only to the
> recipient, so in order to take a free section from an older version,
> I'd need to have received that version.

Ok, that sounds reasonable.

(Except that the GFDL defines "you" as <quote>Any member of the public is a
licensee, and is addressed as "you".</quote> (Section 1, 1st paragraph) so I
was a licensee of the previous version, I just didn't know it)

--Joe