Re: a minimal copyleft

Anthony DeRobertis <asd@suespammers.org>:

> "reasonable help" is very unclear, and has no time limit on it. Am I
> compelled to answer emails about it for the rest of eternity?

Because of the exponential decay in interest, answering e-mails for 3
years is probably about 80% of the work of answering e-mails for ever.

I would guess that sending an automatic reply saying "Sorry, I haven't
worked on this software for years and don't remember much about it.
See my web page on the subject or try Google." would count as
"reasonable help" if that were true.

I agree the expression "reasonable help" is very unclear, but I would
guess that it would be very hard to successfully sue someone for
failing to offer "reasonable help" unless they were being deliberately
obstructive, such as obfuscating the source or something like that.

Edmund