Re: Should our documentation be free? (Was Re: Inconsistencies in

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 14:37, Joe Moore wrote:
> How is that harder with the FDL "History" section than with the "clearly
> marked" BSD code, or the GPL-required changelog?

The document trail in "History" may not exist anymore (or may be
inadaquate); you can't just say "Oh, this Invariant Section didn't exist
2 years ago; I'll take it out and pretend I had that version." You need
to actually have a license for that version.

> Besides, you'll be able to find the latest Free version in Debian Main. :)

Besides the caveats above, that doesn't solve the problem that the
majority of GFDL documentation (specifically, the stuff from the FSF) is
clearly non-free.
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org>