Re: Defining 'preferred form for making modifications'

Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

Right.  All I'm saying is you must distribute the C code; I don't care
whether you continue to make changes in that language.

It is perfectly reasonable to make the change it whatever language you
wish.  All I'm saying is you must continue to distribute the original
source too.

I really don't think the GPL demands that much.
All you have to do is to give the new version of the sources or the old one plus patches, not both.

If i change my program from java to c++, i don't think i have to eternally provide the java code, but only my newer c++ code (which is the prefered form for modification since i don't plan to use java anymore)

--
"Blessed are those who sit on sharp things, for they shall rise high."