Re: Latest LPPL

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 01:24:09AM -0500, Jeff Licquia wrote:
> After the last round of discussions, the LaTeX Project has asked me to
> review and present a new revision of the LPPL, which is attached below.
>
> It is unlikely that I will be able to participate in the discussion this
> time around due to time constraints, but the LaTeX people should be
> around to hear your feedback.
>
> The parts of the license that have caused the most friction in the past
> are now fully contained within clause 6.  I doubt that any other part of
> the license will be seen as objectionable (except, possibly, in their
> invokation of clause 6).  It is my opinion that clause 6 does not
> violate the Debian Free Software Guidelines.

At first glance this looks really good, and probably satisfies the
DFSG.  While reading over it I noticed some places where the wording
could be tweaked or tightened up (I even found a possible loophole the
LaTeX folks might want to close), but I'll defer that for a much closer
reading.

Thanks a lot; I greatly appreciate your patience and that of Frank
Mittelbach and numerous others in the LaTeX Project.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      The noble soul has reverence for
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      itself.